Hello lovelies! For the next two weeks this blog will be on hiatus while I cover the TED2015 conference in rainy Vancouver, Canada. Check out my Twitter @brosandprose for all my behind-the-scenes freakouts and obnoxious selfies. For more informative coverage, quotes from the new talks (including Monica Lewinsky!!!), and general rad content, head over to @TEDTalks, and be sure to follow @TED on Instagram.
I’ll be back with tons of weird and fun posts at the end of March, including a new series about living with herpes which will hopefully have a puntastic title courtesy of Gabe Rosenberg. In the mean time, here’s what you can spend the next few weeks reading:
- I Threw a Cup of Water in My Ex’s Face and You Should Too, via Cosmo, because really who hasn’t wanted to do that.
- Fuck Us Harder., via The Manifest-Station, for an extraordinarily brave personal essay about sexual assault (and yes, fraternity culture) at Wesleyan.
- I Named My Rapist on the Internet, via Dame, an interview between Rachel Kramer Bussel and professional badass Ashley Manta about… well, yeah. Stunning.
- 12 Women on Twitter and Self-Promotion, via The Cut, for your gender and social media fix.
- This 21-year-old woman faces decades in prison for trying to escape her abuser, via Salon, because it hurts to read. Our system of justice does not understand the cycle of domestic abuse whatsoever and that is a serious problem.
- We Need to Stop Telling Girls to Change This One Thing, via HelloFlo, by my lil sis Torii.
- Habla con ella, via Exhibit A, for some STUNNING erotic flash fiction.
- Today I’m going to share a sad story, via Jade A. Waters, because I read this weeks ago and I’m still not fucking over it.
See you on the other side, kids!